Storefront 6.0 Support
Apparently LaGarde filed for
Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year and Storefront has been acquired by Dydacomp.
The Storefront forum has disappeared. This link
not go to the forums any longer. I used to do a lot of work customizing
Storefront. I invested a lot of time in studying the code and figuring out how
things worked. I even developed a few innovative ways to troubleshoot
Storefront. It uses ASP.NET 1.1 so there were not as many options to aid you in
debugging as you would have using ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. You need to use Visual Studio 2003 to work on
If you are still using StoreFront 6.0 for
your shopping cart and find limited options for
support or improvements, feel free to contact
I have the XE version of StoreFront 6.0 so I
have all the source code and project files to
customize a StoreFront 6.0 web in Visual Studio
2003. StoreFront 6.0 is a huge project which
uses many specialized classes so customizing its
functionality is a highly technical skill which
requires considerable expertise.
NOTE: The XE version of StoreFront 6.0
is no longer available and there are many
changes that cannot be made without it.
- Change required fields for Address Book
- Enable Credit Card Verification code without online processing
- Disable order tracking
- Add database table and Merchant Tool section for entering holidays
- Establish search results display order
- Establish product attribute display order
- Add Gift Message field in addition to Special Instructions
- Eliminate Thank You pop up
- Make Zip Code a required field
- Validate Zip Code
- Add Special Instructions or other fields to Email Confirmation messages
- Add Merchant Tool page to show customer record count, product record count, and subscriber record count. Surprisingly, this
information is not provided by the datagrids the Merchant Tools uses to manage these records
- Apply fancy web design to StoreFront ASPX files without
using the limited design options.
- Create new user controls for horizontal navigation.
Display large images on search results using
Fix problem caused by USPS API change in
- Fix problem caused by change in Freightquote API